Addressing the current issues regarding AuraBal

Dao gives Aura 1m usd of vebal for 1m usd of vlaura.

Dao gets immediate exposure with no slippage (we could even bake in a small fee tbh… I’d prefer this fee be distributed to current vlaura lockers in the form of more vlaura… ), Aura get more vebal market share.

Edit to add:

Just fleshing out my initial thoughts on the “fee” for Daos to use our bonding mechanism. I’d prefer it to be rebase like for current lockers.

So Dao bonds 1m vebal / gets vlaura… but loyal lockers get more vlaura when this event occurs. Our pie gets a little sweeter. Encourages being early / being loyal.

2 Likes

Just had some additional thoughts about this concept:

As I understand it you would use the farmed Bal that would normally be emitted to auraBal stakers and market buy auraBal to be emitted instead, assuming the peg is off by 2.5% This would use an existing stream of farmed rewards to positively influence the auraBal/80-20 rate.

This assumes that auraBal stakers are okay with receiving auraBal instead of naked Bal, which I think is reasonable. If this is the case then why don’t we take this one step further. If the peg is off by more than say 1% then the Bal is used to market buy auraBal and then emit it. However, if the peg is within 1% or better then I propose we use the naked Bal to mint auraBal and then emit it. In either scenario the auraBal staker is receiving auraBal but both scenarios provide an ecosystem strengthening force, either by supporting the auraBal rate or by locking additional veBal.

2 Likes

We should do what you propose. Sooner the better. These other ideas are great too. Maybe the move is to get the 1% Buy/Mint stuff going first in its own snapshot?

I’m just dropping this here for reference and to close off this thread. [AIP-21] auraBAL Wrapper Creation

2 Likes