[Delegate] Jameskbh

Aura Governance

[AIP-52] zkEVM deployment

Vote: Yes

Rationale: A deployment on a new chain is something that I will usually support. Balancer is already there with reasonable TVL, so it is time to align the chackras there!

[AIP-53] Enable Additional Rewards for the psdnOCEAN/OCEAN Pool

Vote: Yes.

Rationale: The extra rewards helps to secure LPs on the pool and this can make them more aligned with the protocol, as they receive the native token too.

[AIP-54] Approve POL for Optimism Liquidity

Rationale: this pool will help to increase Aura liquidity on Optimism and make it easier for protocols and users to use Aura on that chain.

[AIP-55] CEXs Liquidity Task Force with cede.store

Vote: No.

Rationale: The proposal does not add value to Aura, so I see no point on supporting it…

[AIP-56] Add ARB and esPLS as Reward Tokens for plsRDNT/[RDNT/WETH]

Rationale: This proposal asks to allow Radiant to send their STIP incentives directly to the pool, because Balancer gauges only allow one address to send rewards to it.

[AIP-57] Streamlining Extra Rewards Process

Rationale: This proposal asks to change the current proccess from an AIP and snapshot vote to a less cumbersome one: The DAO Multisig will handle these requests as they come. I support this change.

Balancer Governance

[BIP-482] Enable Savvy Tricrypto (svUSD-svETH-svBTC) Pool Gauge [Arbitrum] with 2% emission cap

Reasoning: This proposal wants to create a pool with three synthetic tokens minted on the Savvy platform. The tokens are backed with interest-bearing collateral. The protocol will incentivise this pool and be the primary liquidity source for swaps between those tokens.

[BIP-483] Enable crvUSD/sDAI gauge with 2% emission cap on Gnosis Chain

Reasoning: Creating a cvrUSD/sDAI pool/gauge on Gnosis Chain will help consolidate Balancer’s position as the main protocol for interest-bearing tokens pools and create the liquidity needed for other DeFi protocols to use.

[BIP-484] Enable 50WETH-50TAG Gauge [Base] with a 2% emission cap

Reasoning: The protocol will incentivise the liquidity on the pool, which is the primary liquidity source for TAG.

[BIP-485] Kill R Gauges

Reasoning: R protocol suffered an exploit and there is no reason for leave these gauges active.

[BIP-486] Update zkEVM Composable v5 permissions

Reasoning: After the initial deployment on zkEVM, there was a hardfork on that chain, and this proposal asks for an update on the permissions, for the new contract.

[BIP-487] Balancer <> Across Add more BAL to LP

Reasoning: The proposal asks for more BAL for the Across bridge. Balancer will receive LP tokens and will be able to claim rewards later in the future.

[BIP-488] Authorize Mimic Smart Vaults on Mainnet, Avalanche, and Base

Reasoning: Mimic smart vaults automate several steps on the fee handling on the several chains Balancer is deployed. This proposal asks for authorization to authorize some of them.

[BIP-489] Kill Xave FXPool Gauges

Reasoning: Following a bug report, the protocol (Xave) requested the LPs to leave the pool. Therefore, the gauge has no function.

[BIP-490] Enable 80OETH-20WETH Gauge [Ethereum] with a 2% emission cap

Reasoning: Origin Ether protocol wants to create a gauge for their 80/20 pool. This pool will be incentivized. Part of the OETH yields comes from LPing on other Balancer pools, and it is good to see this relationship strengthen.

[BIP-491] Enable 3 GYD/stablecoin Gauges [Ethereum]

Reasoning: The proposal asks for gauges to 3 pools pairing GYD with other stablecoins to bootstrap liquidity for the Protocol. Balancer will be the primary liquidity source for GYD.

[BIP-492] Enable weETH/WETH Gauge [Ethereum]

Reasoning: Ether.fi is looking to seed a weETH/wETH pool on Balancer to serve as a primary source of liquidity for eETH. The protocol is committed to promoting pool liquidity through Hidden Hand voting incentives.

[BIP-493] Enable Ankr/ankrETh Gauge [Arbitrum]

Reasoning: The pool is intended to be the primary source of liquidity for ankrETH liquidity on Arbitrum, and the purpose of this proposal is to allow this pool to qualify for BAL incentive distribution with the help of incentives on hidden hand.

[BIP-494] Enable FRAX/sfrxETH gauge [Optimism]

Reasoning: This is a joint effort with FRAX and Beethoven X to increase the liquidity of FRAX, sFRAX, frxETH, sfrxETH, to make Balancer a liquidity hub for frax assets on optimism.

[BIP-495] Enable frxETH/sfrxETH metastable pool gauge [Optimism]

Reasoning: This is a joint effort with FRAX and Beethoven X to increase the liquidity of FRAX, sFRAX, frxETH, sfrxETH, to make Balancer a liquidity hub for frax assets on optimism.

[BIP-496] Enable osETH/ETH Gauge [Ethereum] with 10% emission cap

Reasoning: I support this proposal, as having another LST pool on Balancer is aligned with the current growth strategy (yield-generating token pools).

[BIP-497] Enable plsRDNTV2/8020RDNTWETH Gauge with a 2% weight cap

Reasoning: The proposal asks for a gauge for this pool for plsRDNT, a LSD for RDNT LPs. The protocol, Plutus, will incentivize the pool.

[BIP-498] Assisting DNS hack victims - final batch

Reasoning: This proposal compensates the users impacted by the DNS hack. It is the last payment, and I believe the initiative fulfilled its purpose.

[BIP-499] Re-enable gauges for migrated FXPools

Reasoning: This proposal asks to enable gauges for the FX pools that were deprecated because of a bug report. Xave will incentivize the pools.

[BIP-500] Root gauges bridge settings

Reasoning: I support this proposal as it aims to streamline operational efficiencies and give Balancer Maxis the tools needed to adjust the Root gauges bridge settings.

[BIP-501] Re-Enable the THX/USDC Gauge with 2% cap [Polygon]

Reasoning: I support this proposal to re-enable the gauge to THX’s 80/20 pool, as it will align more with Balancer’s initiative of having governance pools to make the liquidity sticky.

[BIP-502] Enable DFX/ETH Gauge with 2% emissions cap and deprecate old gauge [Arbitrum]

Reasoning: I support this proposal. It asks for a change on the pool and gauges for Arbitrum due to the DFX token on L2s, such as Arbitrum migrating from a bridged token to a Chainlink CCIP token.

[BIP-503] Enable wFRK/PAR/jEUR Gauge with a 2% cap (Polygon)

Reasoning: I support this proposal as the protocols will incentivize this gauge.

[BIP504] Enable VCX/WETH Gauge 2% Cap (Ethereum)

Reasoning: VCX uses Balancer and Aura pools on their protocol, and this pool will increase the ties between the protocols.

[BIP-505] Enable 40DFX-20USDC-40TEL Gauge with 2% emissions cap

Reasoning: I support this proposal as the pool will be incentivised by the protocol, and this request is due to a change in the DFX token on the L2s where it is deployed.

[BIP-506] Enable 80MIMO/20WETH Gauges with a 2% cap (Ethereum & Polygon PoS)

Reasoning: I support this proposal as the pools’ goal is to be the main liquidity for the MIMO token on both chains (Ethereum and Polygon), and the protocols will incentivise the voting on voting markets.

[BIP-507] Enable weETH/rETH Gauge w/ 10% Cap [Ethereum]

Reasoning: This proposal asks for a gauge for this pool, deprecating the weETH-WETH one. This is good for Balancer as the new one will generate more revenue for the protocol, as the pair is 100% yield-bearing.

[BIP-508] Utilize locked Aura to Support Ecosystem Growth

Reasoning: I support this proposal, as it gives more tools for the Balancer DAO to incentivise liquidity on core pools or to attract new partners to the ecosystem.

[BIP-509] Wire Up Batch Relayer V6

Reasoning: This is an operational proposal asking for permission for Relayer v6 be activated on all chains it was deployed (except BSC and testnets)

[BIP-510] Enable sDAI and sFRAX Gauge [Ethereum & Arbitrum]

Reasoning: sDAI and sFRAX gauges are good additions to Balancer because these are yield-bearing tokens. The pools add utility to those tokens, and the DAO will benefit from increased fees.

[BIP-511] Enable pxETH/frxETH Gauge [Ethereum]

Reasoning: I support this proposal, as having another LST pool on Balancer is aligned with the current growth strategy (yield-generating token pools).

[BIP-512] Enable pxETH/WETH Gauge [Ethereum]

[BIP-513] Seed BAL Liquidity on Avalanche

Vote: 28.6% for Yes, let’s do it, 71.4% for Abstain

Reasoning for Abstain: I don’t have a strong conviction on this matter, so I leave this decision to the other token holders.

[BIP-514] Fund Balancer Maxis Q1-2024

Reasoning: I support this proposal as the Maxis are an important piece on the Balancer Ecosystem…

[BIP-515] Kill Unused Gauges Week 50

Reasoning: I support this and thank Balancer Maxis for performing this task from time to time.

[BIP-516] Exit from D2D/BAL pool

Reasoning: I support the liquidity removal, as the pool is no longer active.

[BIP-517] Balancer Grants DAO Service Provider Proposal Q1 2024

Reasoning: I support this proposal for renewal of the grants committee and the budget, as v3 will bring many opportunities for new development fueled by grants.

[BIP-518] Fund Beethoven X DAO - Technical for Jan - June

Reasoning: The tech contribution from the Beethoven team is important for the future of Balancer, with the V3 launch coming in a few months. I support this extension for six months.

[BIP-519] Funding Proposal for the Beethoven X DAO Marketing SP - Jan - Jun 24’

Reasoning: I welcome the work Beethoven has done, and I are happy to have their mkt team funded for another semester.

[BIP-520] Ecosystem ONsite Proposal Q2 2024

Reasoning: The spending is okay; these retreats are a good way to build an aligned team.

[BIP-521] Cap individual voter weight on Snapshot

Reasoning: It makes sense to have a cap in Balancer context, so I support this proposal

[BIP-522] Arbitrum LGP and STIP Adjustments

Reasoning: Changes that optimize strategy are welcomed, and I believe that allocating more $ARB towards pools aligned with Balancer’s long-term makes sense.

1 Like