[AIP-60] Eliminate the Discord and Telegram One-Month Retention Policy

Thank you for your additional detail.

The six policy reasons listed in the proposal’s Background section are copied (with link) from the Aura Discord faq channel

DAO’s “guidance from legal” was also referenced in this reply during the temperature check phase.

I appreciate your making it clear that this policy was not implemented for legal reasons or to evade legal authority.

My question is, how did the current ‘retention policy’ begin? Was it in place from the start at Aura’s launch? Did it get voted in via a similar AIP process to what AIP-60 is going through now? I have been looking through past proposals and votes, but I cannot find any records of this retention policy being enacted through governance.

Please share how the retention policy this proposal aims to eradicate was brought into existence. It was not advised by legal - yet Aura official documentation cites “guidance from legal” as a main justification.

Did the policy pass through the governance process? Please link the information from this proposal and vote so that the community might understand this retention policy’s history.

Thank You

1 Like