Aura Analytics Dashboard Grant Proposal
Name: Xeonus and Hyferion
Telegram Account: @Xeonusify, @hyferion
Detailed Description of Grant Request
As a core contributor to the Balancer DAO and creator of the Balancer Analytics (https://balancer.defilytica.com) and Beethoven-X Analytics Dashboards (https://beets.defilytica.com) we want to build the next generation of analytics for AURA. By leveraging our deep understanding of the Balancer ecosystem we want to build an analytics experience that provides AURA ecosystem participants with the insights they need to make informed decisions about the protocol. Furthermore, we want to provide meaningful insights into the voting incentive program which has become a core component of what makes AURA successful. Furthermore, we are fully committed and prepared to build on top of the multi-chain future of AURA!
We plan to build out following feature set based on our previous work for Balancer and Beethoven-X:
- Leveraging all available data sources such as the Balancer and AURA subgraphs to visualise total liquidity staked across pools
- Aggregating token view metrics across the AURA ecosystem
- Build future-proof tooling to support AURAs possible multi-chain journey
- Build financial dashboards to visualise treasury metrics and overall spendings
- Visualise AURA Lock metrics and AURA locker behaviour
- Visualise AURA emissions across pools
- Provide insights into AURAs Voting Incentive / Hidden Hand market
These are the core functionality sets we want to build for a fully-customised analytics experience tailor made for AURA.
How will your project benefit the AURA Ecosystem?
Our analytics dashboard will bring transparency and key insights into important metrics about the protocol. We will leverage the strengths of our expertise with Balancer to provide additional data not present in other projects like Defillama. Additionally, we are dedicated to delivering feature requests by the community so that they can track their favourite metrics for AURA. Our goal is to build meaningful analytics for the community!
When will the grant begin and when will it be delivered?
We plan to deliver the grant between Q2 ‘23 until Q4 ‘23: a duration of 5 months at maximum.
What applicable KPIs will you be implementing to measure performance?
We will measure our KPIs by clearly defined deliverables and milestones that can easily be tracked by the AURA grants committee. A detailed breakdown of the deliverables are provided in the “Additional Grant Information” section of this proposal. In general terms, we will measure our success in the following way:
- Delivery of key features by continuous delivery: we will iterate fast and build our product using many prototype iterations that can be used previewed.
- The analytics product will go through an MVP (minimum viable product) → Alpha → Beta and full release stage. The community will always be involved in the development process
- We will only accept payment upon completion of the grant
- We commit ourselves to the protocol by max locking our AURA upon receiving our payments.
How much are you requesting for the grant (denominated in USD)?
As we will build custom integrations and a tailor-made front-end, we request a grant of $50k USD equivalent in AURA. Upon completion both parties will max lock $25k of AURA each with the provided address (see “Payment Conditions” section). After the unlock period of 16 weeks, we request to use those funds freely.
Additional grant information
The following chapter provides an overview and more detailed description of all planned deliverables and KPIs based on agile sprint planning.
Please note that the contributors both work part-time on this project. Therefore, the duration is accounting for part-time velocity.
Sprint 1: Integration of AURA subgraph and Expansion of the Llama Voting Incentive API
In the first sprint, we will set up all necessary backend integrations to fetch the data we need for the analytics dashboard. These consist of the AURA subgraph fetching and data curation, the Llama API integration (and upgrade) / hosting if needed. We will use our established integration pattern used for Balancer analytics. If certain metrics are missing, we will provision our own curated subgraphs.
Duration: 2 months
Technical dependencies: AURA subgraph, Llama Airforce: Llama Airforce · GitHub)
- Implementation of data fetching queries for pool and gauge data
- Implementation of data fetching queries for user data
- Queries to fetch AURA emissions
- Queries to fetch AURA lock status
- Provisioning of subgraph caching through stellate
- Integration and upgrades (where needed) to the Llama airforce hidden hand analytics API
- Aura core data fetching will use the same patterns as shown in this data fetching sub-repo: balancer-analytics/src/data/balancer at main · Xeonus/balancer-analytics · GitHub
- Llama hidden hand API (https://api.llama.airforce/bribes/rounds )
- Query round based bribes and vote allocations
- Cross reference with balancers bribing subgraph if applicable
- Expand / consolidate emission metrics from Llama-Airforce-Net/DashboardFactory.cs at master · Llama-Airforce/Llama-Airforce-Net · GitHub.
- Optional: Usage / bootstrapping of API endpoint from Multifarm.fi
Sprint 2: Front-end Prototyping and provisioning of MVP
The front-end prototype will be set up as quickly as possible so that integrations can be tested on the fly. We will additionally set up a CI/CD pipeline so that the prototypes can be continuously tested so that community feedback can be integrated.
We have already set up a prototype internally (based on Balancer metrics):
Duration: 1 month
Technical dependencies: None, forking of balancer analytics repository
- Development of a first usable MVP with all pages / components similar to https://balancer.defilytica.com
- Deployment of prototype build for testing
Sprint 3: Staked Balancer Position and Token Dashboards
A core component of the AURA analytics dashboard will consist of showing how much TVL over a given period of time is locked in the different gauges that AURA provides. We intend to show data relative to Balancers TVL so protocol users can get a better understanding of the relative TVL capture by AURA. Furthermore, we will provide detailed analytics components for the different tokens in the AURA ecosystem, similar to Balancer Analytics
Duration: 2 weeks
Technical dependencies: AURA gauge subgraph
- Gauge overview similar to AURAs staking dashboard
- Single gauge detailed stats page containing historical data of amounts staked. Depending on what data is available, we aim to present all possible historical data on gauge detail pages
- Overview of token TVL in the protocol
Sprint 3: Treasury Dashboards
The focus of the Treasury Dashboards is on two main components: a meaningful overview of the treasury reserves and analytics of overall spendings. This gives the DAO and its participants a good overview of the DAOs treasury health and investment allocations. We were already able to boostratp an initial view of the DAO treasury funds:
Duration: 2 weeks
Technical dependencies: Debank cloud API
- DAO Treasury view showing all assets and a detailed breakdown of all deployed positions
- DAO Financials dashboard showing in- and outflow of tokens to assess financial performance of the DAO
Sprint 4: AURA Locker Dashboard
In this dashboard we want to visualize key performance indicators and metrics in regards to vlAURA: how much AURA is locked, its lock distribution, a locker leaderboard and projects / decay overview to get a better understanding of vlAURA dynamics.
Duration: 2 weeks
Technical dependencies: AURA subgraph
- Visualisation of AURA Lock distribution
- Locker leaderboard
- AURA Lock projection view
Sprint 5: Beta launch
In this final sprint we will focus on stabilising the product, further improve its features and incorporate community feedback where applicable. Depending on the time frame, we will also work on incorporating multi-chain support or other features that will launch during our grant time period.
Lead: Xeonus & Hyferion
Duration: 2 weeks
Technical dependencies: None
- Stabilisation phase of product
- Fixing of bugs
- Implementation of missing features
Upon completion of of deliverables / delivery of the product, 25k$ USD equivalent in AURA will be sent to following addresses each:
- defilytica.eth: defilytica.eth | Address 0x99afd53f807766a8b98400b0c785e500c041f32b | Etherscan
- Hyferion: Address 0x2236aec8fc4629a07ca2b79ac7851c687fef493f | Etherscan
Upon receival of funds, AURA will be max locked for 16 weeks and 5 days by both parties. After the unlock, we request to freely use those funds.
Additional considerations & Risk Assessment
We see following additional considerations as important for deciding if this grant will complete all deliverables on time
- No major changes to subgraph infrastructure
- Planning of decentralised network provisioning for subgraphs
- Dependencies of caching and other services → some operational costs will arise once the project is completed. This should be negotiated when more data is available.
We see following risks:
- Bribing market data is not easily accessible either because we cannot fetch it or because LLama airforce will sunset its service
- Issues with scalability and subgraph migrations
To mitigate above mentioned risks we took following actions:
- Coordinate with Llama airforce developers that we can use their services. If needed we will host an upgraded API service ourselves.
- Scalability of the subgraph dependencies will be closely monitored and coordinated with the Aura development team.
Team member affiliations / conflict of interest statement
- Xeonus is a core contributor to the Balancer DAO and freelance developer. Xeonus has received and completed grants provided by the Balancer Grants Committee in the past. This grant is part of independent work for AURA and therefore a grant application through the AURA AEF has been posted.
- Hyferion is a freelance developer not associated with any DAO